In terms of the curriculum, there are things that we must include our school website about the curriculum.
As marked out on https://www.gov.uk/guidance/what-maintained-schools-must-publish-online, here is what we need to be website compliant.
You must publish:
- your values and ethos
- the content of your school curriculum in each academic year for every subject, including Religious Education even if it is taught as part of another subject or subjects, or is called something else
- the names of any phonics or reading schemes you’re using in key stage 1
- a list of the courses available to pupils at key stage 4, including GCSEs
- how parents or other members of the public can find out more about the curriculum your school is following
If your school receives PE (physical education) and sport premium funding, you must publish:
- how much funding you received
- a full breakdown of how you’ve spent the funding or will spend the funding
- the effect of the premium on pupils’ PE and sport participation and attainment
- how you’ll make sure these improvements are sustainable
- how many pupils within their year 6 cohort can do each of the following:
- swim competently, confidently and proficiently over a distance of at least 25 metres
- use a range of strokes effectively
- perform safe self-rescue in different water-based situations
Of course there are more things that have to be included but as Curriculum Leader, these are the areas that are need as part of the role.